Monday, August 27, 2012

Sunday in Estonia (Andrea)

Hello everyone! I am Andrea and I am currently hosted by Maarjia in the beautiful Kanepi. On my first day with them, which was Saturday, we didn't have a lot of time because I arrived at 8 o'clock in the evening. We had dinner and Maarjia showed me some parts of her village. She showed me a statue that is placed in a park and is dedicated to the people from Kanepi that died during the war for the Independence of Estonia in 1918-1920.
On Sunday, her mother drove us (Marrjia, Sixtina, Maria and I) to Võru county where we climbed the highest peak of Estonia which is called Suur Munamägi. There was a tower there from the top of which we could see a big part of Estonia. There was also a compass that showed us where to turn for the various counties and villages of Estonia as well as the capitals of many other countries.

After that, we went at the Road Museum where we had lots of fun. It was very interesting to learn about the different vehicles in Estonia.
Here are two photos that I took at the Road Museum. ->

No comments:

Post a Comment